- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You may first purchase a re-take exam by contacting us at 1-800-778-6060 or clicking the button below.
If you do not pass the exam you may retake it within 48 hours of paying the re-take fee. You must contact us at 1-800-778-6060 to purchase your re-take or purchase it below.
- Each Re-take will cost $139*.
- If you do not complete and pass the exam within the 6 months from the original purchase date, there will be a $75** late charge to take your exam.
- The CPTE can be taken up to three times in a 12 month period. This 12 month period begins on the first exam date. There is a $139 fee for each re-take of the examination. Payment of this fee is required prior to authorization to scheduling a new test time.
*The retake fee includes testing online with a live proctor. If you choose to go to a testing facility, you will need to pay an additional $60 fee. Click here to purchase:
LASERGRADE’S SCHEDULING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Candidates will schedule their examination appointment by calling LASERGRADE’S registration department at 1-800-211-2754. The registration department is available at the following times (excluding holidays, emergency closings)
Monday through Friday 6:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time
Saturday 6:00am - 2:00pm Pacific Time
Appointments must be scheduled with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
Appointments are made based on availability.
Candidates must provide no less than 24 hours notice (Monday-Friday) to reschedule/cancel their testing appointment. Rescheduling/cancellation is done through LASERGRADE’S Central Registration Office NOT the local testing center. Failure to provide 24 hours notice will result in forfeiture of the examination fee and the candidate will be required to pay another examination fee in order to schedule another testing appointment.
Exceptions to this policy may be granted based on medical or weather related emergency.
Requests for waivers must be submitted to LASERGRADE in writing within 72 hours of the testing appointment and must include a doctor note verifying a medical emergency.
Candidates who fail to appear for their scheduled examination appointment will be reported as a no-show and forfeit their examination fee. Candidates will be required to repay to schedule another examination appointment.
Candidates are provided the option of receiving a fax or email confirmation of their examination appointment. This confirmation will provide the candidate the exam title, date, time and location of their examination appointment as well as a phone number for the testing center. Failure to receive a fax or email confirmation does not invalidate the candidate’s testing appointment. Candidates are responsible for noting the date, time and location of their testing appointment.
**Prices are subject to change