Get Certified / About the CPT Exam
- The NCCPT CPT Exam is 140 multiple choice questions.
- You have two hours to complete the exam.
- A pass or fail result will be provided upon completion
- The exam is NOT open book / open notes.
- You have six months from the date of purchase to take your exam.
- If you do not take the exam within 6 months, a $75 late fee will apply.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to take the exam.
- A valid CPR card and government issued photo ID is required to take the exam. Please visit our CPR page for more information on CPR.
NCCPT has partnered with American Safety Institute to give NCCPT Students a discounted rate.
Your exam is taken at a PSI testing facility.To locate a testing facility near you:
- Go to their website at http://cert.psiexams.com/locateall.html
- Select your state
- Select "The National Council for Certified Personal Trainers" from the drop down list
- Select the mile radius
A list of available facilities will display.
Please allow at least one business day for processing before calling PSI to schedule your exam at 1-800-211-2754. Do not call NCCPT to schedule your exam. You may take the exam as quickly as 72 hours later (depending on facility availability) or up to 6 months later.
I. Health Assessment - 22%
- Forms & Documentation
- Postural Assessment
- Injury Prevention
- Emergency Procedures
- Special Populations
II. Kinesiology - 11%
- Functional Anatomy
- Anatomical Terms
III. Exercise Physiology - 12%
- Energy Systems
- Muscle Physiology
- Physiological Changes
- Endocrine Systems
IV. Nutrition - 11%
- Macro & Micronutrients
- Client Dietary Assessment
- Ergogenic Aids and Supplements
- Meal Planning
- Understanding Nutritional Labels
V. Exercise Application - 23%
- Program Design
- Program Implementation
VI. Business of Personal Training - 13%
- Scope of Practice
VII. Emergency Procedures - 8%
- Evaluating & Preventing Hazards
- When to Call 911
- First Aid Procedures