The Fitness Specialist, Senior Fitness Specialist, Youth Fitness Specialist, Weight Management Specialist, Flexibility Specialist, Powerlifting Instructor, Kickboxing Instructor and/or the Smart Fitness Certificate of Personal Training may be taken at either a physical Prometric Testing Center or at home through their Pro Proctor Online Testing centers. The cost is the same for either testing process -- $79.
To schedule your online exam:
- You must have an account with the NCCPT. To create an account, go to nccpt.com/register. Make sure the date of birth, first and last name on your valid, government issued ID matches, exactly, the DOB and first and last name in your NCCPT account. The testing center proctor will check this and will not let you test if they are different.
- A valid CPR card (or certificate of completion) and a valid government issued photo ID is required to take the exam.
- The NCCPT must approve your testing request. First, you must log into your NCCPT account and then click here to submit a PROMETRIC testing request.
- Once your PROMETRIC request is submitted, you will receive an email notification with your Eligibility ID from the NCCPT within 72 hours. If you do not receive an email from us, please check your spam/junk folders. If you do not receive an email from us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email from us on how to choose a location, schedule and pay your fee. You will need your Eligibility ID in order to schedule your exam. The fee to PROMETRIC to schedule your exam is $79. You may then select a date and time to take your exam. Please make sure to check that the correct exam, time and time zone are listed.
To cancel or reschedule your exam see below:
||30 days + before test date
||5-29 days before test date
||$25/cancel/reschedule - collected by Prometric from candidate
||a) less than 5 days before test date or b) fails to appear for a scheduled test or c) present more than 30 minutes after the scheduled start time for the test is refused admission
||The full test delievery fee for the cancelled/rescheduled test - to be collected by Prometric from candidate.
- All exams are multiple-choice exams.
- There is a specific time limit to complete the exam(s).
- Candidates who achieve a passing score will obtain a Certificate of Completion.
- A pass or fail result will be provided upon completion.
- If you fail the exam you must purchase a retake exam prior to retesting.
- The exam is NOT open book/open notes.
- You have six months from the date of purchase to take your exam. If you do not take the exam within six months, a late fee will apply.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to take the exam or provide us with a written permission from your guardian.
- A valid CPR card (or certificate of completion) and valid, government issued photo ID is required to take the exam.
NCCPT has partnered with American Safety Institute to give NCCPT Students a discounted rate on CPR/AED. Please visit our CPR page for more information on CPR.