- The Certificate of Personal Training Exam is 125 multiple choice questions.
- You have two hours to complete the exam.
- Candidates who achieve a passing score will obtain a Certificate of Training. Those awarded the Certificate of Training may not use the CPT designation.
- A pass or fail result will be provided upon completion.
The exam is NOT open book / open notes.
- You have six months from the date of purchase to take your exam.
- If you do not take the exam within six months, a late fee will apply.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to take the exam.
A valid CPR card and government issued photo ID is required to take the exam. Please visit
our CPR page for more information on CPR.
NCCPT has partnered with
American Safety Institute to give NCCPT Students a discounted rate.
Your exam is taken online with a live proctor. To schedule your online exam:
PassMyExam requires 72 hours advance notice for all appointments.
- Go to
- Select "NCCPT Personal Trainer Certificate Exam"
- Select your correct time zone from the drop down menu.
- Click on the date and time you would like to book your appointment.
- $25 payment will need to be made to finalize the appointment.
- The final page will display your appointment confirmation.
- Check for appointment confirmation email to verify you scheduled correctly.
Please check that the correct exam, time and time zone are listed.