Certified Senior Fitness Specialist Course
Prerequisites: Must be 18 years or older with a valid photo ID and valid CPR card.
As the growth of the aging population continues, so do the issues of longevity and quality of life, which will lead to significant implications for personal trainers. The role of exercise becomes crucial to ensure that these individuals can improve and maintain functional independence, offering many opportunities for personal trainers to help enhance their well being by becoming certified senior fitness specialists.
What Can You Expect To Learn?
- The anatomy and physiology of aging.
- Age related disease
- How to coach\train a senior client.
- Nutrition and dietary supplements for senior health.
What is included in the package?
- Instructional videos to train an aging client.
- Instructional video of a typical day session.
- Certified Senior Fitness Manual* (PDF file)
- Final Exam
- The National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (0.8 CEUs)
- This exam is given via a live proctor through www.passmyexam.net. Proctor fee paid at time of scheduling.
- You will have 6 months to take your exam, after which a late fee will apply.
- A government photo ID and a valid CPR card are required.
- You will be given 90 minutes to take the 50 question exam.
- You must score a 75% or higher to pass and get the Senior Fitness Certification.
- Retake exams must be purchased separately.